Simply TMJ In-Person October 15 & 16, 2022
To Sunday 16 October 2022 - 06:00pm
This celebrated workshop explores the TMJ. If you learn and master this material you could have a practice full of TMJ patients in very little time. TMJ pain and dysfunction is so common that almost everyone has experienced it at one time or another. When you are effective in helping these suffering people the flood gates will open and your waiting room will need to be enlarged.
No cranial experience is necessary for this course. I will be discussing aspects of how the cranium effects the TMJ; but, we will not be doing any cranial manipulations. This is covered in DynamicTherapies.com's cranial courses.
This is a comprehensive workshop on the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and soft tissues involved.
We will walk through the functional anatomy and physiology of movement of the TMJ. Measuring the movement of the jaw and taking a base line will help us determine if the problem is muscular or derangement of the joint. (The measuring tool is included in the cost of the tuition.) The “Achilles heel” of the TMJ will be explored. Then we will learn the common areas of pathology and how we can rebalance the tissues to restore harmony to this difficult joint. These tissues include external and internal tissues and how to reposition the disc within the joint.
There are an enormous number of your clients suffering with pain and noises in the TMJ. You will be given the tools to help with their suffering and as a result build your practice through word of mouth.
You will be shown clear directions for homecare to help progress and maintain the changes you facilitate in your treatment room. Your patients will feel confident in your knowledge and understanding of this often-misunderstood area after you have taken this course.
Here are some of the things you will learn about and learn to do during this two-day workshop.
- Functional anatomy of TMJ
- Other soft tissues
- Understanding TMJ movement with anatomy
- Jaw tracking
- Assessment of the TMJ
- Postural evaluation
- Understanding relationship of TMJ to the body
- Understanding relationship of TMJ to the cranium
- Disorders that frequently cause TMJ pain
- Physiology and concepts of TMJ treatment
- Physiological laws
- Home care
Samples of the TMJ Range of Motion Scale is included with the cost of the course
This is what you will learn hands on:
- Treatment of fascia
- Treatment of external muscles
- Treatment of internal muscles
- Mobilization with active movement of the TMJ
Simply TMJ Registration Information: Vancouver
- This is a Two-day course, Registration on Saturday from 8:30 - 9:00am.
- Class time: 9am - 6pm with 1 hour lunch break.
- CECs: 14 CEC units with the CMT
- Date: October 15 and 16th, 2022 (Cycle 13)
- Cost: is $550.00 including GST.
- Location: VCMT Vancouver, BC
- Registration: https://courses.dynamictherapies.com/courses/simply-tmj-inperson-2022
Students are talking about Simply TMJ:
- Great Class! Lots of good info, touched everything
- Good course-easy application-I always thought there must be "more to this". Looking forward to Monday, what lucky clients I have
- I really enjoyed the course. Information was clear and concise and well presented. It really fine tuned my knowledge and gave me a new and improved road map for the jaw/mouth/neck area
- Great class size. You are an inspiring instructor. You truly wish to impart knowledge in a compassionate and patient manner
- Thanks so much Robert! You've "opened up" a whole new realm for treatment and helped me take my TMJ treatment to a whole new level
- I love these courses, they work great for me and my learning style