SoundBody Therapy Fall 2021
SoundBody Therapy is divided into both Online portion AND a Hands on portion
Online Training: 6 cecs divided over 2 zoom sessions and self directed study time
Hands-On Training: 8 cecs over 2 days
TimeLine for Online Training
- Sunday September 19, 2021: Directed Studies materials sent out electronically to all participants
- Monday September 20, 2021: Zoom session tentatively booked from 7:30- 9 pm. ( 1.5/2 hrs) Online training to discuss and clarify self assessment assignments
- Friday September 24, 2021: Zoom session tentatively booked for 2 hours to discuss and review of self directed studies
Note: Time spent doing the directed studies portion will be credited ( 2 cecs)
TimeLine for Hands-On on site Training:
- Saturday and Sunday September 25 & 26 ( 2 days 10- 3:30) . practice implementing SBT techniques
Instructor : Bisia Belina RMT More info: http://soundbodystudio.ca/soundbodytherapy/
CMTBC Approved (Credits and Category): 14 PE continuing education credits
Dates & Times:
Online Zoom :September 20 and September 24 ( 2 hours each)
Practical: Saturday/Sunday September 25 & 26
Location: Four Corners Collective Victoria BC 1508 Haultain St. Victoria BC V8R 2K2
Cost: all prices include GST
Regular= $460 ( registration and payment deadline is Monday April 5 2021
Repeat Students =$425. registration and payment deadline is Monday April 5 2021
Prerequisites: all potential students should connect with Bisia prior to registering to confirm the course is a good fit for your needs and practice.
Total Number of Students: maximum 6 Ratio Instructor to Students: 1:6
Notes for Participants (supplies, clothing, tables etc.):
Students: comfortable clothes plus bring water and snacks, note pads and you can record sections on your iPhones if you wish.
Instructor: all info related to course including charts and Certificates of Completion, Video links to the sequences will be available to participants for a 3 month period. The cost is $30
By the end of this 2-day course the therapist will be able to demonstrate their ability to:
- Identify and work with four diverse whole body-mapping systems.
- Work with less effort to achieve a positive result with less resistance from the patient.
- Improve assessment time using SoundBody Therapy techniques Re-integrate an injured part back into the whole Re-integrate all parts of the body into the whole.
- Identify and work therapeutically with the 3 dimensional body. This refers to Whole Body relationships - including arcs, triangles, lines, domes and bowls.Learn to think in terms of relationships between front, back and sides of the body.
- Affect alignment, balance, weight distribution and increase breath capacity.
- Stay curious as they work and engage their patient’s ability to sense changes as they take place.
- Apply techniques for therapist self care and patients home care. Release holding patterns in the body using very gentle and effective techniques. This is a system of learning that also provides tools to teach community selfcare class
Bio: Bisia is a Registered Massage Therapist in private practice since 1986. Her formal studies and personal observations have resulted in this protocol of SoundBody Therapy. She has developed a system for self care for her clients and students that is accessible, repeatable and effective in managing discomfort and pain. In 1998 Bisia founded SoundBody Studio where she teaches body awareness courses and voice and movement fusion classes and workshops.